Wednesday 6 January 2010

Handicraft Book that started it all



This book started my crafting love affair,
 long ago in my childhood.
Being a 70's child, I was free to explore my gran's bookcase,
and guess what appeared!

Being a Blue Peter girl, the bright colourful pages,
conjured up majestic ideas of things to create,
along with a magical mess to tidy up.

Hours upon hours of crafty fun,
the time flew by,
along with the holiday sun,
and the time spent with my lovely gran.

 Now I am the proud owner of this book,
and the lovely memories of time spent learning with my gran,
are treasured all the more.

My love of craft books is still as strong,
my bookcase groans under the strain.
Still plenty of new skills to be found,
 time to expand knowledge is all the more rare,
where shall I start, I sit and stare.

Inspired by the 1970's The Complete Book of Handicrafts,
I choose an intrepid journey into Patchwork and Quilting,
a new challenge for this year.

So, I look forward to learning this new craft,
I aim to create a beautiful quilt,
to snuggle down on the sofa
with more crafty books to explore.

o x o x o x o x o x o x o

Do you remember this book? 
Do you own this book?

Vote for your favourite Craft Book
Drop me a comment or emai,
I will list them for all to explore.
Please list title, author, and ISBN if possible



o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x

3 comments:

GiddyStuff said...

When I was a kid (a 70's Kid) it was the Ladybird 'Things To Make' books and their 'learnabout' craft series - Sewing, Knitting and Crochet. I learned to Crochet from that book as no-one else in my family could - I was eight. I got 'Boys and Girls' for Christmas 2008 - wonderful.
As far as contemporary books go I love 'Meet Me At Mikes'.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for this great reminder of those fabulous books. I am searching for them to squeeze in on the shelves. I will look up 'Meet Me At Mikes' as not too familiar with this one.

Anonymous said...

I think I remember this book, I certainly remember the dogs. I will try and find my favourite one tomorrow. If you would like to see one of them then visit my blog and look up Back To 1969. My experiences were similar to your post above. They were lovely times weren't they.
Adele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...