Tuesday 26 January 2010

Crochet Away 'till my heart's content





I thought you might like to see what I have been up to in the crafty stakes lately.  During the winter I am not at my best, so I find that crochet and knitting help me to relax, unwind and keep sane during the winter months, as I find it easy and quick to do. 




Feeling very fed up with the grey skies, I went a bit mad in the yarn store the other week, when all the snow was falling down and bought various colours of yarn.  These sat upon my coffee table in all their glory until I found a use for them and conjured up some majestic colourways.



Some of my efforts are more adventurous than others and I particularly like the blue and red circular item above which I want to make into a cushion cover with a view to making the cushion pad in denim to show off the beauty of the crochet stitches.


Granny Square Cushion experiment


crochet squares experimental colour ways


a piece for a large cushion cover, more subtle tones

You have probably guessed already from my other posts, that I love colour and these pieces are certainly colourful.  I will be busy on my sewing machine soon sewing cushion covers I think and will keep you posted on the results of my crochetathon soon.

Bee x

o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

2 comments:

LittleRed said...

How nice and colourful:)

Unknown said...

Thanks, You've probably gathered that I love colour, I don't do pale! bee x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...