Tuesday 1 December 2009

Advent Countdown to Christmas

I thought it was about time I started blogging again after my long absence. I, unfortunately, had a few ups and downs to deal with with my health over the summer and autumn and haven't had the time or the energy to post to my blog. However, I am glad to say that I am much better and back to start afresh once more. I have been slowly craftying away for the Christmas season making a crochet garland for my home which I have nearly finished and will post a tutorial shortly as it is easy peasy and quite quick to crochet, especially wrapped up in blanket in front of the tv on these long winter evenings.

This time of year conjures up a lot of fond memories of my childhood Christmas's and special family times. The excitement of getting the Christmas Tree and decorating it until it's seen in all its sparkly glory was and still is one of my favourite Christmasy things to do, along with leaving out the mince pie and carrot for Father Christmas and the Reindeer. I was a little scared, as well as excited, believing that he did come in and eat the mince pie that when I did find out from a 'all knowing school friend' I was so disappointed that he wasn't real. That was the end of the magic. However, it is still a magical time of year and hopefully a merry and peaceful one for all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...