Monday 10 December 2012

Folk Christmas Garland Decoration

 
 
As promised in my previous post, I have finally completed the
Folk Christmas Decorations,
it took me longer than I thought! 
 
 
 
I was inspired by the folk style decoration project in
I mentioned in my previous post and the free kit to make them.
 
Here's my effort:
 
 
 
I made mine into a
Red and White Folk Felt Christmas Garland
as I love draping my windows with beautiful garlands at this time of year.
 
 
 
It's been difficult to get a great photo of it as it very long and the light hasn't been great either for taking photos.
 
 
 
I wasn't keen on the green thread on the red felt so I kept mine just red and white. 
 
 
 
I made pom poms out of white and red wool and strung them along with the decorations on a red thread at regular intervals.
 
 
 
I love the results.
 
My embroidery skills could do with a little improvement but I like their charm.
 
 
 
I have hung them on my main window in my flat long with a hand crocheted snowflake garland I made earlier in the year.
 
 
Now it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!!!
 
bee x
 
o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

The garland is so pretty and festive for Christmas.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Unknown said...

Thanks Sheri!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...