Friday 16 April 2010

Knitting Again


 A tea cosy in the making again!

I had an urge to pick up some knitting needles yesterday, after all my hard work in sprucing up my flat, over the last two weeks, both inside and out.

I have to be in the mood for knitting because I find I have to concentrate on it a little more than crochet but then I hooked for a while, until my arm starts playing up!

I am an impatient knitter, so I like to keep my projects on the small side, or do big knits with big needles that grow very quickly, so I am knitting one of my infamous tea cosies again!

I like the fact that knitting, and crochet, allow me to switch off.  
I enjoy the process of creating the stitches and making a fabric and watching it grow right before your eyes.

I would say that I am not a novice knitter, but I think I would benefit from some advanced teaching in shaping with pattern stitches as I always seem to get myself in a muddle with shaping these.  If anyone knows of classes, or books that could help me with this, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

knit one, purl one, make one!

put the kettle on, brew up and knit some more!

Bee x

o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o x o

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of keeping a knitting project small, perfect really.

LittleRed said...

Love the colours.......and I love small projects too....due to my short attention span:)

GiddyStuff said...

I save big knit projects for the winter, but always have a small projects 'on-the-go' such as a purse, bag or a brooch. I stash my little projects in those mak-up bags you get free with Marie-Claire and InStyle magazines.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...